Conditions & Shipping Information
**OUR PRODUCT IS SHIPPED TO THE LOWER 48 STATES ONLY. MISSOURI AND ARKANSAS EXCLUDED**
Shipping, unloading and inspection of delivered goods
Cabinets are shipped palletized, ready to assemble (assembly required). Buyer must be present at time of delivery. Driver is not responsible for unloading of product. Driver will tailgate product and buyer is responsible for unloading.
- Buyer is responsible for inspecting product as it is unloaded.
- If external damage to the carton is present, open box immediately and inspect contents for damage. If damage is present note it on bill of lading and inform driver.
- Take a picture of the damaged part or packing condition immediately and email it to our customer service department at email@example.com. A Warranty/Replacement assessment will be done and a replacement part will be sent.
- Do not use, or destroy the damaged item. It is required the item be available for exchange. **If damaged due to UPS shipping do not destroy or dispose of the carton or product. It may need to be viewed by UPS for a freight claim.
- No cabinet or parts will be available to be processed as damaged after 10 days from the date of shipment.
- If internal damage is present, take a picture of the damaged part or packing condition immediately and email it to our customer service department at firstname.lastname@example.org. A Warranty/Replacement assessment will be done and a replacement part will be sent.
- It is the responsibility of the buyer or buyer's representative to check the order for completeness upon receipt of shipment. No orders or requests for missing product will be processed after 30 days of shipment.
Temperature and Humidity
Wood is hygroscopic-meaning when exposed to air wood will lose or gain moisture until it is in equilibrium to the humidity and temperature. Changes in temperature and humidity can cause solid wood to expand or contract. These normal expansions or contractions are not indicative of faulty materials or craftsmanship. This is especially a visible characteristic of a painted miter door, as the paint could crack in the miter corners. You may see a contraction in the winter, when temperatures fall or when humidity levels are low. It will appear as a narrow unfinished line on the wooden cabinets. You can blend these lines into the finished wood by applying a pigmented furniture polish. Touch-up kits are also available.
Variations with color on real wood Cabinets
Wood is natural product that by its very nature has variations in color. It is difficult maintaining a consistent color in the final product due to these variations. It is important to recognize these character differences and understand that all real wood products will vary from cabinet to cabinet and cabinet door to component.
Effect of Light on Real Wood Cabinets.
Wooden cabinets color will change as they get exposed to light over time. When purchasing any wood product, be aware that the sample color may have varied slightly with age. A new sample will look like the cabinets when they are installed but won’t represent the cabinet years later. Cabinets can look different installed in different applications due to the amount of light exposure.
1 year limited warranty.
- Discount Cabinet Mart (warrantor) warrants to the original purchaser only that all products manufactured or supplied by warrantor will be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use for service period of one year from the date of purchase for all warranted products (Proof of purchase required.) These warranties are only applicable to product used for residential purposes and are not transferable to subsequent owners.
- This warranty does not cover damage resulting from normal wear, accident, misuse or lack of reasonable and necessary maintenance and service; nor does it warranty the improper installation or unauthorized repair, alteration, or modification of defects in the unit when product is installed.
- In the event of a warranted product defect, please e-mail Discount Cabinet Mart, with a description of the defect. It is Discount Cabinet Mart’s option to provide repair parts or replace with a functionally equivalent product. Proof of purchase and the return of product may be required for replacements. Such repair parts or replacement shall be at warrantor’s expense, but you shall bear all other expenses, including but not limited to cost of removal, transportation, re-installation, communication and any special services requested by you, such as overtime labor, etc. Repaired or replaced items carry only the unexpired portion of the original warranty.
- This warranty is expressly limited to the repair or replacement of the defective component parts at our discretion. Our liability is expressly limited to the cost of material for the repair or replacement of defective goods. We may elect to repair or replace the product with a product of equal or lesser value and complimentary style if the original style is no longer available. Due to the aging process of natural wood, Discount Cabinet Mart cannot guarantee an exact match between the finish of the existing product and the replacement product.
- Natural woods vary in color and grain pattern and exhibit color change over time. Cabinets may darken or lighten with age due to exposure to certain environmental conditions including but not limited to sunlight, moisture, household cleaners, smoke, etc. These variations are considered natural characteristics of the material and are not covered under the warranty.
- Except to the extent provided by applicable law, all implied warranties are limited in duration to the shorter of the period provided by law or the period of this warranty, and under no circumstance shall Discount Cabinet Mart, be liable for incidental or consequential damages sustained in connection with the product. The express warranty above constitutes the entire warranty and is in lieu of all others expressed or implied.
Discount Cabinet Mart shall not be liable for either its failure to perform or its delay in performance hereunder arising out of or resulting from causes beyond its control, including but not limited to, acts of God, acts of representatives, acts of Government, wars, fires, floods, epidemics, quarantine, strike, freight embargoes, weather or default by suppliers due to any such causes.